Tuesday, June 21, 2016

The baby in the blue body on the bench is Dumplin in his new body which was Gracie's old too tight one. Being slimmer, Dumplin fits perfectly. Gracie gets a never tried-on body with new bigger leg caps.That blue body on the floor, with stuffing coming out the neck hole, comes into the story later so don't forget that you have already seen the headless wonder.
Here is Gracie in a body that fits her. You probably cannot see any difference but I feel a lot better with her in this body with the proper sized caps.


Then I moved on to checking (I am learning) Sweet and Sassy's limbs to make sure they would fit into the caps I had made for her before assembling her body. To my great surprised I find this!


She had two left arms! I scrounged among all my doll kits hoping I had second kit I could borrow an arm from but she was my only one. No one else had an arm as long as hers. However, the search turned up an extra head that would fit on to Jason, the headless wonder on the floor, you already saw in photo one today.

Here is Jason with his new head and perfectly installed eyes. I was amazed how good having three babies in a crew works out for me. Even though Sweet and Sassy was put on the shelf to await a right arm, finding the head for Jason still allowed me to get three babies done today.
Then I was further blessed. In the mail was another Sweet & Sassy baby, with the right number of arms, but also with the address of the sender which I had thrown away last week. It is Tina in China with whom I have written before so I know her English is perfect and I am hoping she can send me one right arm. I did take a better photo to show her my (Sassy's) problem.

I was also blessed in that T., who had introduced the babies to the UCLA unit, paid for their postage since UCLA's accountants could not figure out why they had to pay to the postage but not for the 10 dolls sent to them. I had given up getting paid anything on those babies but here comes T. with a check so I can go shopping for new babies. Thanks T. - you know who you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment