Tuesday, June 14, 2016

I am hoping that by using my morning energy to report on the previous day's happening in my baby world  I can be more present and enjoy the experience more. So to report first on yesterday's happenings. It was weird to go to the studio with no hard and fast "to do" jobs or babies to pack up. My first inclination was to start new babies (my greatest joy) and then I remembered I had promised myself to finish up all the babies with the checking to make sure their strings are tight enough and all glued in place. The idea that I might die with unfinished babies lying around and no one would understand what needed to be done to them before they were given away, caused me to take up that job instead. I do worry about such things.

I got these three happy souls done by lunch time. I am thinking that instead of storing the babies wearing sleepers I will leave them in their bodies so I can start my inspections from the skin out when they are being prepared to go out into the world.
In the box from Amazon were three balls of the fuzzy yarn for making cocoons so I started with the blue one. I am trying to make myself rest after lunch by crocheting. By suppertime I had the cocoon this far along.


In the basket on the floor you can see the pink and white balls for the next ones. I see, now with this photo, that you can see my feet, too! I obviously was thinking whether the blue bag was as big as it should be, and not what the camera saw when I clicked the shutter. I have no pattern for these bags so just began crocheting to see how it comes out. I am using a smaller hook this time as I felt the holes got too big the last time. See?


You can see how the jammy color shows through. I have improved that this time around. Also this time I know how much yarn a cocoon takes  (a whole ball) so I am not constantly trying to stretch the yarn to make a whole cocoon. Live and learn is my motto for the day

No comments:

Post a Comment