Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Post # 300

When I have body fabric, I get bodies for the babies. Three in one day seems my limit, but I am content with that. Holly baby was first because she knows the routine and I was depending on her cooperation to keep me on track. She looks a bit impatient with me - as if she knows what I should be doing and I have forgotten already so she needs to figure out a way to gently, as is her style, to remind me of what to do next.


Undaunted, I continued onward to work on Gracie who, after picking out jammies I decided we would name  Grayson. You can see how much smaller Grayson is than Holly. The two look enough alike to be twins. Grayson could be the more timid, smaller one.


By the time I got Candy in her body, with those full legs, the light was leaving the studio so I opened the big door and was awarded such a warm-lighted picture I wished I had done it sooner.

It is right that Candy is photographed in the warmest light. She is such a special baby she deserves the best light. I love that look in her eyes saying, "Oh, just look at that!" no matter in which direction she is looking. I think she was seeing the patch of some flower for which I know no name that grows by the step to the porch.


Everyone got their jammies and we all said a a good-night prayer with a wish for a sunny morning tomorrow. While I was giving the babies the cuddle quiz, I had Grayson in my arms still when I thought, "If I die, I shall die happy having had the privilege of holding this baby today." There is so much happiness in a doll I am astounded that everyone does not go around holding one in their arms just for the comfort of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment