Friday, April 15, 2016

Today I was given all the gifts! The new fabric for the AA babies' bodies is soft and cuddly, sews like a dream and was a lot easier on my machine. No growling and thumping when it went over a seam. I was so excited about sewing that I forgot the mornings are for photography; the earlier the better. Thus, it was after lunch before the kids got to pose. First was Candy.

I had picked other jammies for her but Werner came by last night and wanted her to wear a head band, and not any old headband, but this one. The rose clashed with the orange so we had to find a different but one in a  fleece that is so soft on this sweetie. You can see we are trying half a bear base with a black background  so the faces don't get lost in all the fuzziness.


While I worked with Candy, I had set Grayson beside the basket of toys not thinking he would get into it to pick out his very own. He was so interested in the puppy he found that he went off into his own world of pleasure where he ignored everything I said to him to make his photo more interesting. He was totally interested in the puppy and felt no need to influence anyone else to be interested in him.


Holly, then, had eyes only for the dog. She would not look in any other direction no matter what sounds I made or what I said to her. She would not even scoot over to get centered on the backdrop so a tiny corner of it remains in her photo. Finally I took the puppy away from Grayson to get her attention so I could put her where I wanted her to sit. When I got her situated, there was Grayson crawling up to get the puppy again.


Just as I clicked the shutter for a perfect shot, the puppy started backing up so I only got the tip of his head in the lowest center of my great shot.
The sewing had gone so good in the morning and the photographing was so much fun, when I gave up and let the kids have the puppy until it would run away to it's own safety. I wanted to start assembling the body for  Suzanna, the biggest baby of the day. Only as I started to tie her into her body did I remember her legs were only 1/4 the length they should be. I was so eager to see how the body color worked with her skin color I made this photo.



 I was so happy with the results that I went ahead and tied on her legs hoping they would fit.


As soon as I looked in the viewfinder, I knew those short legs were all wrong. She made this face, and got all huffy, when I asked her if she would give the body to Shyanne. I told her I would make her a new one with longer legs but she, at some level, knew that would not happen today. She was very good about helping me with the knots so we got her out of this body very quickly.


To everyone's surprise, Shyanne fit into the body perfectly. I was so pleased, and so eager to photograph her that I forgot to paint her face. Also it was, by now, getting so late and I really wanted to see Kimi in her body. For her I had noted she had full length arms so those were proper from the beginning. I could not photograph her with her ugly hair so I took her out on the porch for a haircut and curl. She and I had such a good time sitting in the sun just being quiet together afterwards that I barely got her photo before the sun was around the corner and not that good anymore.

While I went to turn on more lights the pig grabbed the chance to get down from his shelf  to sit beside her. I think he was attracted to the perfume in the conditioner I used on her hair. She was trying so hard to pose for me to show off how good she looked and there was that little pig climbing all over her trying to get to her hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment