Monday, April 18, 2016

I had a weird "I don't know what to do" morning which was really very un-normal for me. Usually I am delighting in whatever job is on the agenda  already the night before I get into a new day. I actually was worried that the 'doll-business' was over for me. Had I lost interest in dolls? What would I do with my old age without dolls?
Then Werner came home from town and a trip to the post office gave him a box from Dolls by Sandie. I was saved! In the box were an assortment of eye in sizes that I had forgotten I had ordered I had ordered along with two on-sale babies from older kits. Joy! Happiness! I had new babies in my life! I unpacked the box right into the tray for doing the limbs. I felt so rich with all the eyes, in both blue and brown, that I popped them in without any trouble.


The babies again had no names, at that price I cannot complain! On the left is # 3 and the bigger  baby is # 14. I am sorry the edge of the leg is in front of his lip. He really has a delightful expression on his face when you can see it. Both are charmers in my book, so I am delighted to be working with them. Again I had to carve away some of the vinyl at the edge of the limbs, but the parts were so warm and soft that it was easy to cut away the extra that kept me from sticking my fingers and the spoon in for stuffing. Baby #3 will need some help getting his eyes in right. It may be I will have to put in a smaller pair so he loses that surprised astounded expression. It made an easy afternoon to only have to prepare two babies instead of three so I had some energy left to catch some of the other babies secretly being themselves on the shelves.


I was shocked to find the beaded monkey sniffing the pig butt but thought you might get a giggle out of them I did.


Ming Yen and Raspberry were having a serious discussion about silver rattles. Raspberry is hanging on to the dumb-bell model that I got for $8 on eBay. It has some dents in which only only add character to it in my estimation. Yesterday, having nothing to do in the afternoon I gave the silver a good polish which made Raspberry even happier and made her more determined to not let Ming Yen hold it.
She did not  mind however when Benno leaned into her elbow to eavesdrop. I think he lives vicariously through their conversations as he seems completely happy just being on the edge of everything.


Eliza is such a sweet baby that she is still contented to play with one of the rabbits left over from Easter. I wanted to comb her hair before the photo but she just shook her head, which made more hair flop into her face and held on the rabbit even more tightly. Her ability to be so contented is my lesson to accept what I cannot change - and to smile even when colors do not match!


No comments:

Post a Comment