Sunday, March 6, 2016

Well while I am here, it is still Sunday, and there is now a new storm which could take out the internet again, I will post a post a report of today. I felt I had really wasted yesterday forenoon by messing with the tube dollies so I was determined to drag into the living whatever I needed to work on really babies for my own comfort and good  health.


I was glad I was organizing everything on the old bead trays so it was fairly easy to bring them in out of the cold. That is Grace on the left and Natalie on the right. These are dollkits from MacPearson's - the cheapest kits they offer (for kids!). You can see the holes in the limbs. They came with small holes you could barely get your little finger into. I cut away all the vinyl to get the holes this big so I could use my fingers and the wooden spoon to push down the filling.
(At this point Google refused to let me download anymore photos so it is now Monday morning and I will try to remember (not easy for me now!) what I wanted to post.)


Ah, as I had hoped, the photo helped me get back on track. Working in the house I found I missed having a table to lay things on as I moved from project to new idea so I took time out to make a table in two minutes. Underneath is a flat-topped wicker basket over which I laid a picture frame (with acrylic 'glass'). It is big enough to accommodate all my projects without blocking the walkway through the room. In the upper left is the magazine opened to the article on how to make a hanky doll. In the middle is the box with all the parts of the bell toys I have been making for the babies (I need to show you one of these.). On the left is the cone of cotton yarn for crocheting  the diapers, and then Bobby in his tray. When I got stopped way last Tues I had one of his eyes in but was really struggling with the second one. Today I calmly looked in his head, saw the tiny eye sockets and picked a new set of eyes for him. One try and the new eye slipped right in. I took out the other bigger one and again the smaller (correct) sized eye slipped into place. On the floor is the bag of poly-fill to finish filling his head which I did.
This morning everyone is stuffed and ready for a body. I am not sure about Gracie. She should be an AA baby to match her lips and nose and I am putting off painting her with the fear the rug may be the most changed.




No comments:

Post a Comment