Tuesday, March 8, 2016

This put me in  a good mood today. I finished the bunny outfit while there was enough light, between raindrops, to shoot a photo. I had started it yesterday and by afternoon had found the two balls of brown yarn were not the same. The finishing touch was finding, in all my piles of yarn there was no orange for a carrot. I admit to a case of the blahs. With my credit card destroyed, trying to remove the hands of someone bent on emptying my account, there as no way to send off an order to Amazon so I substituted yellow for orange. I know how to do this. At Halloween I crocheted pink pumpkins for the lack of orange in my life.
Can you see the bunny tail against the white? I took the photo rather quickly, the light was going, so did not change the background. I was just eager to see how the outfit looked. I see I did not scrunch up the legs into the baby position which is a lot cuter. Does it bother you that  you can see the edge of the fur and the backdrop?


There! I ran back out into the studio, opened the door and turned on the lights, and was able to get the emphasis on the tail. I pushed the legs up under the babies, a pose I never use. Now looking at the photo I think the legs need to be bent even more to put the knees closer to the belly. I want to try that soon.
Tomorrow is already taken with choosing ten babies to go to UCLA's geriatric department. That means Samantha will not be in with that crowd. I need her body-colored body for this pose. Also the scene really needs an orange carrot. Who do I know who would make a trip to town to the fabric store for me. . .? BTW, that little yellow spot on her shoulder is a butterfly trying to peek out around her.


I did try once more for a new shot of this bunny baby. You can see that the rabbit was attracted by the green on the yellow carrot. Here I feel Samantha looks as happy as I feel about this outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment