Friday, February 26, 2016

Yesterday (I am doing catch up this morning) was a very special and busy day at the Seaside Orphanage. First of all, Blonde Blaze arrived at Carol's farm and she already sent photos of herself holding Blaze. Now I am paid in full. She also showed where they are hanging Blaze's stork nest. It is right next to the filmy white curtains by the window. I can already imagine Blaze twisting around so she can see the milking cows in the meadow from her perch. She looked a little wobbly in her photo as if it had been a long journey, clear across the continent, but she was also beginning to smile. I think she liked Carol's room, and the lovely things around her and is eager to settle down. She will meet the grandnieces and grandnephews soon and then the family will be complete.


This is Blaze on her last day with me. She looks so ready for an adventure.

Susan and I had been trying to find the right baby for her to give to her Mom in a nursing home. They both had picked a Rieki, but she is already out being a therapy baby. I tried to find someone I had on hand with the same gentle smile since I never know how long my body will last and if I have time to order a new one from Germany. Susan looked at Eliza but didn't like her brown eyes. I looked and all my Eliza babies had brown eyes except one.  While Susan was thinking about her, I went back to work in the studio. I kept hearing a peeping sound. As I walked by the babies I realized the sound was coming from Elsie trying to say "me me me." As I looked at her I realized she too had a smile very much like Reiki's, so I sent her photo to Susan.


Bingo, Elsie was right! She was the right baby for Susan so she will be made ready today for her trip. She is smaller than Eliza so a better size for that family.  I get to give her hair and many final hugs and squeezes before she gets into her box.
Also almost ready for his box is Lester going to Vanessa. The other day, when I was having such a bad day with the fibro, I picked up a doll I thought was Lester and started to finalize his strings. When I got to his name on the identification bracelet on his ankle I saw I had picked up Glenn. Then I put my head on straight and found Lester. It was as if Lester made sure he was not Glenn and that I got his message right. He knew he was meant to go to Vanessa.

Oh, and the shoes came for the Peace Pals. Aren't these great? The top tips of the hearts, when sewn in place, look like a pair of feet in little wooden shoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment