Sunday, February 21, 2016


The past couple of days have been spent getting Blaze ready for her journey. We had a big debate about sleepers. I like the looks of the newborn size on her but she thought they made her look fat so refused to wear them by throwing them on the floor. I think these pull across the hips but she likes the look and the feel. She is very cuddly and folds very neatly into the crook of the arm. I will give by saying the feet on these sleepers fit her better so maybe she is right.
This morning the storm was really over so I could get a good shot of her in her stork nest. I decided that since Carol said her room was small it may be lacking in flat surfaces so I would include, without checking with her, a stork nest. I wanted to show that to her before she finds this weird crocheted thing wrapped around Blaze in the box. So Carol here is how she will look in the stork nest. I hope there is an extra nail in your wall where you can hang her. I hope the little dream catcher, made by a Lakota Indian, keeps away bad dreams for her and for you.


I found a comfortable chair so I had a good time wrapping all the little gifts for the nieces. I hope they will enjoy them. When I send babies to nursing homes I never get to enclose bottles and bibs, hair conditioner and extra outfits along with some diapers. So I had a ball this morning getting it all ready and making it pretty.


Blaze is wrapped in her blanket and underneath the packages which are all lightweight and filling the rest of the box. At noon I tried to create the mailing label and one button on the form would not allow me to choose when to mail it. With a few unkind words for the post office I left my dismay lying on the keyboard and returned to the studio to work on Lilly. She came together beautifully and I had a good time giving her the cuddle quiz and just enjoying my newest baby. As it got darker, I came into the house and decided to try once more with USPS. This time the button was working and I got even farther into their maze of details before they informed that this address is not valid. I have only used it for well over 20 years and now it is not valid? Suddenly I understand what "going postal" means. A couple sticks of sugar-free black licorice evened out my mood. Food to my emotional rescue.

No comments:

Post a Comment