Monday, February 8, 2016

On Werner's trip to town for shopping he stopped by Gualala Arts Center to snap this photo from the Surreal Exhibit. That little-bitty doll on the foreground pedestal is mine.


Seen up close and personal it looks like this.


I'll bet the Chinese never suspected their big-selling doll would end up like this. Got lots of nice compliments on the work. Was glad I still had the ceramic block with baby arms to add to it.
At home I started to put the babies into their new bodies I had sewed yesterday. First off I find all the leg caps are too small and must be re-cut and sewn again before starting. While doing that I got the idea to make Eliza's body out of the next size up. That meant more cutting and sewing. But as I put her into it she and I both had the feeling that this was right. Because Werner had the new Nikon in town with him, I forgot to get a picture of Eliza in her new body. Here she is in her official portrait however. What a sweetie!


 In the afternoon, which got very open-every-window warm, I was able to finish the other two and get their photos taken. What you may not realize is that the babies are sitting on a home-made boppy pillow. Caitlin said her doctor recommended she get one for Everett (I had looked at them on Amazon but figured it was such a necessity that she would surely have one.) I could make mine out of a big bath sheet because my babies do not squirm like hers will.


Last, but not least was Rina. I love her tiny open mouth but the rest of her face looks very wary which is why I put her eyes in with the side ward glance.


It is interesting that both Ling-yen and Harmony, my two most frequent visitors have no tolerance for cranky babies. As soon as they spot one I get a small lecture on being more discerning in my choice of kits.
I love my new Nikon camera except tonight my printer refuses to find and print photos it took. Thus I had to pick these photos, not from print outs, but by seeing them only on the computer screen. Old dog with new tricks struggling this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment