Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Meet Fay, the baby from yesterday, with shoulder problems that I neglected to  photograph. Today because I went through the same process trying to decide which shoulders were right for her, I remembered to photograph her in each reincarnation. Here she is in the wide screen version of a tiny baby that weighs less than a couple of pounds with football shoulders. Look at the width if her biceps - a few too many steroids  even in preemie size in her formula. . .
Then I took off the shortened big doll body to squeeze her back into the small baby body. Her one leg was still too big but I made a cut in the leg cap and was able to get it in place and the strings tightened around it. Now I need to do some hand sewing magic to fix that change of mind that one can only see when she is in her birthday suit.


Doesn't she seem to be smiling more in this photo? Look at the distance from the sleeve seam to the outside of her arm and you can see how much smaller her biceps are. I got this far before it became afternoon, the stars moved into alignment and three different people stopped by to visit. That is all the folks I really know so that meant everyone came by with a different objective but none of them were involved in getting a better photo of Fay.
Werner had gone to Santa Rosa to take the car in for its yearly check up but got home before all the visits were over. He napped until dinner time and he too, was not interested in Fay's photo. So all of that is now put off until tomorrow.
In the mail I got the buttons to make shoes for the Peace Pals that work beautifully and which I can only promise to show you tomorrow because the day ended too soon after the trials.
Oh, now I remember back to morning when I was unhappy with the slowness of the Nikon to download its photos so I got out the old Sony, recharged its batteries to make comparison photos. The upper photo was taken with the Nikon and the lower one with the older Sony. I am feeling a case of buyer's regret coming on. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment