Saturday, January 30, 2016

With the photo table in the garage, I have to reorganize my day. When the table was in the house, the best light coming in the west windows started about 3:30. At that time of day I was on the downward slope of my energy curve. I would plunk the baby down where I knew it was best, snap, snap x 15 or so and I would have it. Today the sun shone and I knew from that terrible white bar of light the other day that 10:00 was too early. So I worked awhile longer on the computer until 11 and then carried out a baby in a colorful sleeper. I had too much energy! I used the Sony and then switched to the Canon. Then I saw the face painting was not showing up so I redid that on Jim Timm and took new photos with the Sony.
 With three downloads I was able to compare the results.

Sony

Canon

The Sony does have better saturation, but I am more creative with the smaller Canon. I felt the  results were close enough I could use the Sony for the portraits and the Canon for the documentary shots for the blog. 
In the afternoon I sewed two bodies and before dark got Kay and Elsie together and ready to be photographed tomorrow. I tried to push to get Eliza done in the growing darkness but the bobbin ran out of thread and I discovered I had forgotten to stuff her  head yesterday and WR decided he wanted dinner early. Nothing to do but quit. My only hope is that I can finish sewing Eliza's body  and get her stuffing in by 11:00 assuming the Google forecast is right and the sun will shine tomorrow also. 
I tried to down load the photos in the Canon from the body sewing adventure for this blog and it refuses! Communication error. Evidently the Canon did not like being downloaded in the same morning with the Sony. I have tried all the tricks I know to make the computer in the camera work but so far tonight I am still an idiot. The fear in my heart is similar to that which occurs when a cat stays out all night. I am hoping a new day forgive me all my sins and the Canon will give up its photos like a lamb.
I was able to post the best of these photos on Reborns.com so I cannot be too unhappy!

No comments:

Post a Comment