Monday, January 11, 2016

This morning while WR was off to RCMS to have his blood tested, something came over me like an uncontrollable urge. I flew to the studio to rescue the few dolls I had not already brought in the house. These were high and dry but the moisture in the room, added to the ambient cold, simply drove me over the edge. I piled my arms high with babies squashed together, and rushed them into the house. Since we no longer are using our wood stove (too much work with wood, ashes and feeding fires) I used it to pile the babies up.


Sorry Eliza's head got cut off in both shots. What you cannot see is an additional pile of babies on the stuffing pile in the corner and some babies added to the floor under the Spirit Child. Somehow with all the babes around me in the house I was quickly able to settle down to making peace pals. As I crocheted on them, the idea and the image of the babies still in the studio waiting with their bodies for final assembly came to me and I was now just as determined to work on them tomorrow, in the living room, not the studio. I crocheted like the calmest little old lady without a care in the world. I knew how to go forward and I was at peace. No conflicts between what I could and could not do. The peace pals began to assemble on the mantle.


I went from this above to this additional poor photo in the evening. I was making dolls and I was happy.



When WR came down for dinner he surprised me by coming over to me and leaning down to say, "I can feel how much happier you are with all these dolls around you." "Can I bring in the others to assemble them here?" I asked.  "Yes." he replied.  Little did he know my mind was already made up but his okay was a sweet frosting on the cupcake. Tomorrow I will roll in the small side table with my supplies to be next to the chair and I will be back in business with the babies.
When I fired up the computer to add this to my blog there was one letter from a very good friend who also has fibro. It was only one paragraph long but written in very strong language (for her) on how bad it would be for me and the babies to be in the studio with it so damp and cold. So she agreed with us without a pow-wow! She was part of the decision and the action though so far away. I feel very good tonight with the decision and the new plan.

I almost forgot to report that Kameko arrived in Tokyo and Machiko saw her smile as she was lifted out of the box. That made my day complete and very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment