Friday, January 29, 2016

Posting #250


I suppose this corner does not look any different to you, but under that quilt are boxes of babies sorted out according to kit, so all the Samanthas are in one box, and so on. On the other side of the room the box of Ching babies was too heavy to lift or even scoot across the rug so it was packed up next to the other babies.


That one uncovered box is there to remind me of what I did with the other dolls! The boxes are not closed because when the weather settles down and the studio stays warm and dry I will put the boxes on the pines shelves in the NE corner. I plan to leave the boxes in the living room until then. Thus I had to find some way to live with this disarray. I found it so hard to get myself to work on dolls this week, but after I got the living room organized I was very eager to get back to making babies.
Oh, I found this scene on the unused wood stove and did not have the heart to move them.


I felt the little guy was trying so hard to tell Sleepy Sam she should not be kissing a pig. You can see his heart and concern for her in his eyes as his hand reaches for her's. I had the feeling she was not listening to any thing he said.

Even though the conditions were not ideal, I did go to the out-back studio to put the glass beads in the limbs. The puffs of poly-fill are indications that I did pour in the beads and then add a bit of stuffing so the beads don't spill out to scatter over everything.


Back in the house each dolly then got it's own tray. I can see the error here. Elsie's arms are in Kay's tray. When I started to stuff them I caught the error. By tonight all the heads and limbs are stuffed so we are ready for bodies tomorrow. I will paint them with my good in-the-morning energy and then begin on the bodies. I put Morgan up on Reborns.com tonight, but I have decided to separate the babies again. The 8 families of dolls up on Etsy, now in the boxes, will only be offered there. On Reborns I will post the babies I buy so I do not get too bored. So far I have never felt that way, but making babies is so important to me and my well-being that I want to think ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment