Friday, December 11, 2015


When I sat down to work with this on my desk I felt so very happy I wondered why I had put off doing dolls on some days when I don't feel so good. Then as I began to stuff the limbs of Kendal, I began to know why. It is, for me, hard work. It seems I do not just stuff with my fingers but use my shoulders, chest and even back muscles. And I feel it tonight. However the good news is that I have all three babies ready for their bodies tomorrow. In this photo you can see the puffs of poly-fill which means I have put the glass beads in the limbs and am ready to stuff them. You can also see the beanie baby packets, all are still in the plastic pouches which have never been opened, that will go in their heads (so they have good things to think about and someone to talk to when no one else is around. Also there, near Holly's head, are the little organza bags filled with heavier beads and polished stones.


Here is little Molly Morgan just waiting for a body to jump into to let her be a real baby. I have the feeling she expects me to work overtime tonight to get that body out to her. I love the shape of her hands and fingers. You will notice everyone in this crew has open hands. No tight-fisted babies here.


Kendal seems slightly more patient with me as he waits behind his legs and arms. Is it the bad lighting or do I have his lips colored too lightly? Oh, well, it is easier to add more color than to have too much. We will see what the light of the new day shows us!
Oh yesterday I had a call from Jody and she was telling me about a meeting she attended at RCMS for the Meals on Wheels people and there was one woman who held a baby to her chest the whole time. Jody recognized it as one of the babies I had given to the Point Arena senior citizens. She wanted to ask the lady about the doll but did not know how meaningful it was to her or how she would take the questions or attention. I take my pleasure in knowing here is a person who feels a doll is that helpful for her she will even take it to a public meeting.



No comments:

Post a Comment