Sunday, December 27, 2015


Pig, being pig, needed a snack before I even got all his strings cut and glued. He really does well with the bottle already. Everything about him was easy today. He went together quickly and easily with no problems with his body.
Soon I had him on the photo table, which was very dark because a storm was moving in and the studio was already too cold to open the big door. So I moved on to finishing Kameko and finally got her into some jammies. I worried about her being naked in the cold last night. Thank goodness my hands warmed up enough I could paint her face. I wanted to put her with the other older babies around the tree but she said "no" because she felt shy. I asked her if she wanted to be alone tonight to acclimate but she started whispering, "pig, pig, pig" so I let her sit with him on the photo table. Evidently while sitting in the trays waiting to get their bodies, Kameko and the pig started a friendship. What is not on a photo is how she pulled on him so his head was under her chin. I was so shocked that this delicate little being loved a pig that I could not point a camera at them.


 When I went to work on the monkey, Chez, I discovered that yesterday I had neglected to sew his body. Because it is brown and every one else has white thread on their bodies, I laid it aside to re-thread the brown thread with more light and then I forgot about it lying on the desk. Today however, I came in, happy to get warm, and just then the clouds open up for enough rays of sun for me to see the eye on the sewing machine needle. I sewed the first seam and ran out of bobbin thread. Usually that makes me huff and snort, but I was so happy to be where it was warm I patiently re-wound that and even dusted out the inside of the machine.
Those good vibes stayed with the monkey body so I soon had him together.


 Then I saw that tiny place showing on his neck that indicated it was not fitting in. Within seconds of checking the connection to see if it was secure Chaz looked like this.


Even he was shocked to feel his head lifting off of his body. I tried and tried to get that knot at his neck to be tight enough to hold his head on but the cold and my tiredness of the day would not give my fingers the strength to tie the knot properly. Taking this as a sign to quit, I picked up my new baby from China and we both came in the house already at 4 o'clock.
I wanted to see if the Sony camera would take a better picture of her and the tree than the little Canon camera did yesterday with Jenny Wren. You decide. First here is the China baby, so new she does not yet have a name.


And yesterday's attempt with Jenny Wren.


They are worlds apart and tonight I cannot decide which one I prefer. The cameras certainly see my world differently. I am on a mission to have sharper photos and now I am not sure I can handle the clarity!

No comments:

Post a Comment