Saturday, December 26, 2015

I have made the mistake of thinking that Christmas was over for us and I could go back to work in the same old way of making dolls. In the morning I got away with this idea and was able to make a blue body for Kameko, a brown furry one for the monkey and a cow-colored one for the pig. Those jobs went so easily I was sure I could get these three into their bodies in the afternoon. Not so. Suddenly there were several emails to answer and then telephone calls. I barely got Kameko into her body and it was dark. I quit because of the dark, not the cold, today. Even though our lawn was white with frost this morning, the sun warmed the studio and outdoors so quickly that it did not seem like winter in the afternoon.  In the morning I was glad to stay in the house to sew.
This way I can count on an easy morning tomorrow since I will not have to stop to cut and sew bodies. The photo, sorry, chopped off the view of the bodies on the trays, but they are there. I am hoping the morning light will help me to see where to paint Kameko's face. I had such delightful job assembling her this afternoon I wondered if I should hold back on making the animals. I really do love and enjoy the babies more than animals. I guess I never would have made a good zoo-keeper.


No comments:

Post a Comment