Monday, November 2, 2015

Jason is making his presence known as soon as he got his body with that arm where it is! The Ching child finds him funny and not in a power struggle. I was just thankful to have been able to cut out three bodies, sew them, and get these three in the right shaped bods.
These babes all have eye-problems (how to get the stemmed eyeballs to stay in place?) but I think the eyes on the two boys (on the bench) are close enough to being right. Mary (on the floor) will have to have her head removed and a new method of keeping her left eye from wondering around. I decided in the night to go back to square one.  Seeing this photo makes me even more sure.
Today it looks like the weather could be brighter (it rained all day yesterday) so maybe I can start on the photos later. First I have to do something about Mary's eye. I thought of buying doll glasses for each of them or even just putting a patch over Mary's eye. Too much realism!
I had been so proud of myself getting the eyes in this crew but it seems the bigger job is controlling their final position. I can place the eye correctly, even glue it in right, but somehow handling of the doll causes it to move where it wants to be. It is really hard to find a glue that will stick to the vinyl.

No comments:

Post a Comment