Thursday, November 19, 2015

I see I skipped yesterday. I hope you can too. I did get the three bodies cut out and sewn and then the day deteriorated into my silence.
But today we have sewn bodies and kids ready to jump into them. Every time I have the thought, If God wanted me to make dolls he would have given me three hands." As I work I find myself using knees, boobs, and chin to hold the parts in place while I tie the strings. I often start with the child with the most pleasing expression as I need that lift to get me started. You are not surprised to see a Ching child. This one's name is Jasper. Seeing him here in just his body, he sits like a girl and he is holding his right hand like a girl. We may have to have talk later.


 After a good lunch, the supermarket got their chicken cooker replaced, I wanted to start the second child. I thought that maybe I should do the smallest one since I had done the largest child and this would help me judge the sizes. So little tiny Morgan was next. When I sat him on the bench I did not feel right about him.

Jasper was laughing so loudly and so much I felt I was not able to think. He knew what was wrong, but knew that I did not. He tried to give me a hint by saying, "My bod, my bod." Finally it sank in the gray matter that the body on Morgan was too big. I asked if he was okay to trade. He gladly gave up the too big body. Then I tried it on Leon and it seemed to fit better. Still Jasper was laughing about something.


I picked up the body lying on Leon's tray with the plan to lay it aside for next week with a note about its size and then I would go to cut out a smaller version for Morgan. This was supposed to be one of the bigger bodies but it was too short. Then it dawned on me that I had put the wrong body on Leon's tray. This was the smaller body I had originally planned for Morgan. So it was already cut out and sewn. What blessing.
Morgan was so happy to get into the body that was made to fit him. See him here with Leon.


You can see the difference in sizes and why these two could not trade bodies. Leon knows how disturbing it is to switch in and out of bodies so he is trying to comfort little Morgan. We still had time so we got out the sleepers. After much trying this one and that one, everyone was satisfied.
As we walked through the kitchen to get to the photo setup, it seemed all three at once spied the box of candy canes. A unified howl went up. As I tore open the box I asked Jasper how they knew what these were. This will be their first Christmas. He turned his head and mumbled, "We've been here before." They remembered candy canes! So they became the bribe of the day.


Here is little Morgan clutching his candy. He really did not want to sit here doing what I tried to get him to do. The candy cane was a lot more interesting than I am.


Leon was next. All of his photos show his displeasure when he found out what it says on his sleeper. As I read it to him his face got more and more unhappy. He would sit in a weird position so no one could read the message. I think he is more interested in finding a good mommy than a daddy. Only at the end of the session did I catch him with his arm down in place.

Jasper kept sticking out his tongue instead of giving me a pleasant smile that I wanted for his photo. When I turned around to stop another child from climbing back on the photo table and then looked back, this is what I found.

Knowing taking the candy from him would start a screaming war, I walked away to see if there was an assistant with the chutzpah to keep him from getting that wet and sticky and smeared over everything. When I came back, knowing it was my job to avoid a loud mess with this, I found. . .


Leon was trying to help (or get another candy cane). Needless to say two pairs of sleepers are in the laundry tonight and I have two very tired, but happy, babies with very clean faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment