Thursday, November 26, 2015

I hope everyone had a very happy Thanksgiving or at least there was one incident that made you happy to be alive and participating in this day. I had  planned to not work on dollies today but to revert to my childhood and spend the day preparing the cards for Christmas. The last thing to find and add to my job was the calligraphy pens. To my surprise, since I no longer shop in stationary shops, I was completely out of ink for the pens. I found one old cartridge in the back of a drawer but after cleaning the pen and changing its point, I found it did not fit. So off to Amazon and out of a job. I was actually relieved I could now work on dollies.
Last night, while reading postings on a doll forum, there were a string of letters about people getting out the first dolls they had made and being very shocked about how bad they were. Then today I experienced the same thing. I was checking Peanut who I have listed for sale on Reborns and was shocked to find she had such an old body.

I would never sell a baby like that! In the afternoon I cut out a new body for her and sewed it in the sunshine of a wintry day. I was greatly relieved to see her looking like this.


Then I put on her sleeper and found her so cute I could not resist just sitting and rocking her. When I got out of the chair I saw that was the best place for her to spend the night. I really need for Mary to bring the crib she has promised me.


Seeing her sitting there I just felt a flood of love for that happy face. So there was my thanks giving. The turkey is in the oven with the sweet potato and cranberry sauce is waiting in the cupboard.
In the studio this crew is waiting for their blankets to get into their box for the journey starting on Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment