Thursday, November 5, 2015

I have messed around so long making my choices for this display for the Coast Highway Art Collective that I suddenly realized that Barbara will pick it up on Monday. I wanted to go over each piece to make sure they were going out in tip-top condition. So today was given over to these five babies.

I thought my white wall would be so good for photographs and now I see it has turned funny-colored and the white stork nest gets lost on it. Oops I am having a senior moment and have forgotten the name of this baby. Oh, it is Jackie / Jackson.  I love the gentleness of this face.

Regina is such a heavy big baby it will take a strong young woman to carry her about. Looking at her here I am wondering how I can part with her. But I was shocked at how heavy she was when I lifted her down to check her strings.

Little Raine has always sat in this swing but today I noticed how small she was and that I really need to keep the lighter babies. At the last moment I traded out Raine and put in this one that I did last weekend that has the stemmed eyeballs and all the problems that brings. On his bib it says, "Some bunny loves me." so I had to give him a rabbit. It works well with the spring and the blossoms.

I had such a good time with Cookies while getting her ready I was asking myself the old question, but then realized I have an unpainted Cookie who is softer and more baby-like. Still I find her so touching when I think of all the baking she has gone through to get this color. So the painted Cookie goes out into the world for the holidays.

Squirt Ching, who got his lips painted a bit darker later in the day, traded in his black kitty for a gray one. I think people should have fun sticking a pacifier in his mouth. I do have a lot of these Ching kits. I just had an email from Sus at Gualala Arts asking me to make a baby Jesus for a nativity scene they will have in December. They want a brown baby so I will concentrate on making him Jewish.
I got the tags made for the "flood the sidewalks with art" action on Friday the 27th. I was pleased with how they turned out.
FREE
to a good home.
This doll failed the
REBORN THERAPY
program but still
seeks someone to
LOVE.
Please accept this
as part of the “Flood
the Sidewalk with Art”
project as we artists
give away our art on
Friday 27, 2015.

On the back of the tag I pasted my business card.

No comments:

Post a Comment