Saturday, November 14, 2015

200th Blog Entry


I cannot believe these things were on my work table today. I was painting a pig. The kits cost 29.95 unpainted and 39.95 factory painted. Of course I thought I knew how to save $10. per pig. At first I used the Derwent pencils the way I do the faces on babies. The pig needed a stronger color. I got out the kit of Baby Fx paints (those tiny bottles lying in among the other stuff). If I used it thin enough to please me the way it went on it dried too shallow and faded. If I put it on thick enough to cover it was dense and full of paintbrush marks. I would paint all the parts in one color at one thickness, and when that was not pleasing I would paint them all with another technique. I got really frustrated with the Fx paint names like "lips," "brows," or "skin" instead of  pink, brown and cream. In the end I got out the Derwent pencils to add the true colors. All in all a very frustrating exercise. I think I will be buying the factory painted pigs as soon as BB gets them in.


I was somewhat pleased with the 'cow'  fabric but I think I was wrong to try to duplicate that pattern on the pig.

All day I kept having the feeling that I should be doing something else. I finally figured out the big voice inside of me was wanting to make babies, not pigs. I refused to give in to start a new crew but I am really looking forward to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment