Saturday, October 10, 2015

The other end of the garage looked like thus this morning. I had everything (almost) ready for Harmony who arrived right on 10:00. As a gift to us, the Universe gave her a suitcase she didn't even know she had! It was like a gym bag on steroids and was perfect. Its shape allowed the babies to lie down for the journey instead of having to stand all the way to Michigan. Then, and only then, did I realize I had forgotten to put each baby in a blanket. Quickly we worked out a method that Harmony did the running back and forth and it was she who put each baby into the suitcase. I got a few seconds alone with each one while wrapping them up and then she saved me having to see them being packed away. She was very good about letting me rest during the job and we worked peacefully together. Also she had a friend who wanted to donate a baby to the nursing home here mother had been in so I let Harmony pick the  baby. She took two! One was Ivy who is so tiny she was swimming in the preemie sleeper. Then I remember that only yesterday a very cute, very small preemie sleeper arrived  from a seller on eBay. So we took a picture of Ivy as the new Ivy in a sleeper that fit!
She was very aware that lots was going on and then when she was snuggled into a new sleeper she reached her limit of changes for the morning. She and Autumn Blaze got together in a bag with purple hearts on it and seemed to calm down a lot.
When Harmony left this was the scene without all the babies. Joey was the only baby she did not take because she really did not like how he looks and is. On the shelf by the door you can see where the Dolly Lama sat to watch over the proceedings and to add his blessings to the departing babes. What you cannot see are the tears in my eyes. Thirteen babies went out the door today. I felt so awful. Later, after lunch and a nap I was so glad to find Punkin waiting on his body. I came in the house, finished sewing it and here he is!
Eli had to get into the photograph or things would not have gotten done.

No comments:

Post a Comment