Friday, October 2, 2015

So this is what I was thinking yesterday. This morning's world marched according to my orders so I cut out and sewed monkey bodies from both of my fabrics. Loving the 'cow' pattern so much I started putting that body together first. Half way into the project I noticed I had put the arms on in the wrong place. Already having ruined one set of doll joints I thought I would continue to be wrong because so often I have learned something new and valuable that way.
To my dismay this was the result of trying to be good and accepting of my own shortcomings.
This view is AFTER I had gone back to the machine to sew seams bigger and take in all I could with the doll joints in.  I still have no idea where all that fabric in the shoulders comes from or why the butt is so small. It looks as if I turned the whole body upside down but that I could not have done.
Undaunted I tried the other piece and made sure I put the arm and leg caps in the right places.
Now that is what I wanted. I am still debating with myself if I should just buy the plain brown short pile fur fabric to have a nice quiet monkey. Actually the fabric on the pillow seems more usable. More shopping and another week of waiting for mail delivery. It is strange I do not have the connection or bonding with the monkeys that I have with babies. For example, to me it is okay to put the butt weight beads in an old (clean!) sock but I feel the babies need the little organza bags.
edit:
I did go to Amazon and ordered a plain dark brown fur. Now that I am waiting for that I can go to the studio to assemble a new dolly crew and that makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment