Saturday, October 24, 2015


It must be autumn when I can sit here at 4:00 to sew without being fried. I feel so energized. After Thursday cleaning and then yesterday a visit from Heidi and Ashley, I had planned to start packing babies today but I felt too lonely and down. I would rather create new babies than pack away the ones I love. I started cutting out bodies but just did not have the energy to do even what I wanted to get them ready for the babies. Then Ling Yen came by and I was very glad to sit to talk. Still after lunch I was too tired to even crochet while I rested. I just sat in the chair with my mouth open. Heidi had gotten me into a new part of Audible.com so I could finally listen to any of the books we have bought without having to go through the hassle of downloading, which only worked part time. I started listening to John Steinbeck's East of Eden and I thought, "So this is what the rest of my day will be like. . ." Suddenly about 3:00 I could feel energy flowing into me. I picked up the body for Holly and I watched my hands doing all the right things. To my amazement there she was on the bench holding up her sleepers for my help.
.

Instead I reached over and started to work on Cammie's body and again my hands were doing things my mind hardly noticed. In this state, delighting in the cool breezes coming in the studio, Cammie got her body and she could join Holly.


They look like a happy pair of girls even with the short hair. Ashley gave me new incentive to appreciate the beauty of the bald look yesterday. She looked great with her "its growing back" hair-do and I wanted to photograph her and Heidi but from the cleaning action, I could not find my camera. Sorry.
It was still so cool in the living room this afternoon that I came in and sewed another body which goes to Eddie Howard tomorrow. Or maybe since I seem in a state of grace I will pack up babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment