Tuesday, October 6, 2015


I have not been reporting here and I wanted you to know that the disaster with the monkeys has not stopped me working on dolls. Here is my next crew waiting on me yesterday morning with their heads and limbs all stuffed and ready for bodies. I cut out a bunch of bodies and wore myself out so able to sew only one of them before I even got to the studio.


 Kendal was closest to my elbow so he was the first on my lap. I had added additional glue around his eyeballs and for the most part that worked out okay. I was greatly relieved to find that  his focus is still the same. Here he is on the body-check bench at noon. He waited for me to sew up another body which was the right size for Paisley.

Paisley has a permanent sneer on his face and I am tempted to make him smaller with a smaller body. Not only for that reason but you can see his arms and legs are slightly smaller than Kendal's but they are wearing the same sized body. By this time I was too tired to make a decision, so I finally let myself just sit to fix the roses into place on Raine's swing.


I took down the art doll that was by the door and put Raine where I could see her better. She had been hanging on the same hook as the boys' basket swing and they were very glad to 'get rid of her and all her comments on them!'


I was glad to have her closer  to my chair as she brings me determination and "you-can-do-it-ness" of which I am in need.  I am still putting out fires in the forum and cleaning like a mad woman for company coming this week, and corresponding over doll sales. Oh, I forgot to show you today's babies in their sleepers.


It is cloudy today so I am hoping I can get some good photos of these two. The new puppies arrived yesterday from BB so I am eager to cut out their bodies in the 'cow' fabric [gracious that delights me] so I can send off the babies and puppies to A. in New York by the end of the week.







No comments:

Post a Comment