Tuesday, September 29, 2015


Today, with only Eliza to be born or finished, made her an only child so she really gloried in the honor. You can see how nicely she posed on the position-checking bench. She kept this pleasant expression on her face as I tried on several sleepers which were all too small for her. She, being 22 inches long, and weighing in at 3 pounds and 8 ounces, only fit in one of the two sleepers I had in a size 6 months. Fortunately it was one of my favorites that  I had been saving back for Candy. So we were both happy with the sleepers. The wig was another issue. So many girls have bloomed with the blonde wigs, I first put one on her. She kept looking at me as if I was a ignoramus. Obviously she was not made to be a blonde. The one other wig I had in her size was this brown Johnny style wig. I thought it was too thick and would need to be thinned before it would look right, but to my surprise it matched her brown eyes and was absolutely perfect as it was. Again we were both happy!

As she was posing, I offered her all the Halloween decorations I had on hand, but none of them suited her and she pushed them on the floor. She kept saying, "upache." which sounded so Arabic I wondered if I had another bilingual child on my hands. It was only after her repeating this word constantly with increasing volume that I caught on that she wanted a cupcake to match those on her sleeper. Thank goodness I still had one left from the bunch I had crocheted last winter. With the cupcake in her lap (she only licked a bit of the frosting), she sat up very straight and smiled her most beguiling smile. She is sweet faced child and very easy to love. As we were doing the cuddle quiz she grabbed my watch and would not let go. "Mii, mii, mii! she insisted. I tried to explain to her that she was a child, that I loved her very much, and would give her anything I could. But a watch was not something she should have at this age. We seemed at a Mexican standoff until I began to sing to her. Suddenly she relaxed into my arms and I pulled her closer to me. With a barely audible sigh I heard her give in to accept my view of gifts. As I rocked her I sang to her my thanks for being the loving little child she was. Suddenly she did not need a watch but grabbed a handful of my t-shirt.
With the mail came to cow fabric and I think it is going to be good for pug dogs; bodies. I filled the legs of two of them with glass beads and stuffed with cotton so they are all ready for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment