Monday, September 7, 2015

It is so hot in the studio I came inside to start my blog instead of working as I would prefer to do. Again someone at Google has changed all my bookmarks to completely lose this one. It takes me 5 minutes to find the blog over a search. Anyhow, here it this week's crew. Blaze, on the left is the only one with a name on the neck. The middle head had the boob-shaped eyeballs but I was able to get the blue stemmed ones from Amazon in. In all the heads I packed cotton around the sockets so the glue had something to run into instead of dripping out on the tray. They are all lying in the sun soaking up the glue-drying warmth.
I debated whether to start a batch of babies today because I know tomorrow is a non-dolly day because Mary is coming. We hope to do a big clean so that before the weekend when Heidi and Ashley and males come we can do just a touch up so I have plenty of time to be nervous about the visit. Nothing else is on the agenda for this week so I hope the babes can give me happiness all week long.
Yesterday I made the trip upstairs to get the dolls and teddy bears in the Christmas decoration closet. By evening I was almost unable to move from the pain but I was happy to have gotten those dolls on the shelves also. Here is the side I failed to include the top shelf yesterday. That woven straw doll on the far left was probably the first doll I bought for myself as an adult. My feeling this morning as I peeked into the living room was that I preferred to see doll faces rather than book backs. 


Here is the right side of the shelves. I see I cut the face off the tall doll on the top shelf. There below is the nativity scene I made with the porcelain dolls over 10 years ago. I used the trick of putting all the small dolls (the storybook dolls) in a low basket to help them all stand up. Last evening I found a doll repair online place and was able to get an assortment of elastic cords to fix the various dolls you see here in parts. I am very eager to restring the big baby doll. I have thought of ways to give her a soft body so she is cuddly but I think her limbs are too hard as composition not vinyl. Then there is the question of what to do with her body. We will see how trying her together goes. The new elastic is cotton covered so when the elastic rots away the cotton should still hold the doll together.


No comments:

Post a Comment