Saturday, August 8, 2015

The nicest work I did I did all day was with Cindy (her new name thanks to Ling-Yen who came by in the evening).  We got rid of the gray sleeper and picked this one (I am hoping the big butterfly on her chest will redirect the eyes off of her face) which also fits her perfectly.  I put conditioner on the wig and laid her in the sun to heat it up (I have no rollers or hot irons for hair) but by afternoon it was still slightly damp and the curl is not there. Today I will try a new wig on her. This babe needs help.
I did make a new bracelet for the Spirit Child so her flower basket does not get lost in transport and by noon it was so cloudy I decided to use the diffused light to make a photo of her with the garland in place.
It was good I did because on Bountiful Baby's forum a kind person asked to see a photo of Spirit Child  and I was able to get one up. It was very easy on the desk computer.  I was so jazzed by my success I worked all evening to get my photos over into the laptop but Chromebook was no help at all.
Late in the afternoon I was able to start the next crew. I planned to do only two.
That is Rieke on the left and Tweeter (a discontinued bargain from Sacrist dolls that looks very dolly-like) on the right who I call Dieter. By evening another baby had been added to the crew. I had picked Dieter because he came with his eyes in already. I must have spent an hour trying to get Rieke's eyes in and was in no mood for another battle like that. While looking for Rieke's eyes I found some other 18 mm eyes and got those (fairly easily) to go into the doll waiting on them, so she got added to batch without having her photo taken. I have even forgotten her name! For some dumb reason I felt the studio needed to be vacuumed and got caught up in that circus. Even doing it sitting down left me in a lot of pain. Not worth the effort and more thankful than ever for Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment