Saturday, August 1, 2015


Instead of making more new babies, I have been working on The Spirit Child ever since her new doll stand arrived on Thursday. I could not get her chin in the right position and it seemed she leaned forward with her head hanging down. Very much my own  personal attitude but not the one I wanted to exhibit. So I laid her out on the table and prepared her to lose her head.
I found out the pipe insulation that had been holding up her head caved in with the weight of her stuffing. Werner felt her one eye needed correcting so I did that yesterday and glued it in place. Then this morning I re-stuffed her head and reattached it.


 I got her  back up on the pedestal (which has left the living room in shambles) which made it easy to work on her and is the height I want her to have when she is exhibited. The wings were in the wrong place so I took them off and completely re-worked them so they are now tied to her back only in the back and not around her arms. I felt the red roses on her tulle skirt were too harsh and too much like the white ones on her under-skirt. I found I still had some beads in the  cupboard in the living room and among them were a bunch of stars. I sat and sewed each one one individually. I was thankful that I still have a week before taking her to GAC.


It is worth a peek to see the back of her dress. Here the wings are on right. I even sewed the arms of the frog to them. It was really a hot afternoon - so rare for us here. I kept wanting to take a good photo of her but even with the car taken out of the garage there was too much distraction for a full shot.


I carried her out to the tower of jewels bush in the yard. She is still missing her garland of pink roses in her hair but this was as good as it got today. Her face is too dark in this light and I need to think more about what I want. I am thinking that I will go back to making Benno tomorrow and set her aside until the flowers for her hair arrive and then try with morning light.

No comments:

Post a Comment