Monday, August 31, 2015

I woke up this morning in such a good mood, feeling so happy, as if all was right with the world. At breakfast I tried to figure out the source of the marvelous feeling but it was only when I got to the studio that I discovered the above. For the first time in a week there were babies waiting on their trays to be assembled.
On Friday, Harmony, my mom, came by and helped me get my head on straight again. She was right from the get go so the transition was painless but it took a day for me to get used to the position and get the work lined up again. I do not like little dolls so I should not make them. If I want to keep making the bigger dolls I do need to get them into the arms that are needing them. I need to get my ego out of the way so I can proceed no matter what is happening. Just having Harmony say all the right things to me, on the east coast A. was moved to write me an email about more babies going in that direction.
So today there were these three babies needing bodies. I tried to take the easy way out by using bodies I had on hand or stored away because they did not work for other babies.
I have never had a baby try to run away because of a bad-fitting body but it happened today. Candy is very "blown away"  by the lilac body baby's jumping down off the bench and attempting to run away. Candy is herself suffering from one of BB's too-fat bodies. I wondered why the sleeves of her sleeper were so long. It was because I put her 3/4 arms in a body made for full-length limbs and you cannot do that even with such an even tempered baby as Candy is. On the floor is Claire in another of the old bodies. I brought that one into the house to sew an inch tuck in the length  but still it feels wrong on her. So I am promising everyone a brand new, made just for them body tomorrow. In the meantime I will peek to see what kind of a body BB recommends for her.
In the meantime Cookie and Alex called off their fight. It is easy to see who won and who has some personal work to do to accept it.
In the afternoon we went to GAC to pick up "Spirit Child." All went well and we got her home okay. Now I am just hot, tired and exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment