Friday, August 7, 2015

I wanted to share some dolly life with you. After carrying the babes from the living room and the photo set-up back into the studio, I accidentally caught this action - MeiMei wants to try out Regina's pacifier and Tim in the background is afraid this could lead to war. Regina does not look in the mood to share and is much bigger than even the overweight MeiMei.

I fell in love all over again when I finished Gloria. It was so overwhelming and made me so thankful that I have as my present job, making these therapy babies. She is a left over kit from Sandie's [the next to their last one, I found] and surely from a very old mold - the hair is incised on her scalp, but her sweet face and joyful expression worked its way right into my heart. I sat holding her and feeling all the excitement and thrill of falling in love. I was just plain happy.  Though I knew it was wrong to photograph her in the strong sunlight, I could not stop myself.
Then like a pig eager for more thrills I decided to finish up Sweet and Sassy, one of the new doll-kit offerings from the Chinese that I had bought on auction on eBay, so her sweet face could thrill me too.

To my surprise and dismay she completely turns me off. For me there is a meanness about her face. It is as if people have been cruel to her and she intends to think up and do something very nasty to get even. She looks, to me, like the girl in my classroom that everyone hated and did not trust. I tried putting a wig on her and a bib hoping to make her more attractive, but nothing worked. And her nose is too wide for a Caucasian.  I will not be buying this kit again.




No comments:

Post a Comment