Tuesday, July 28, 2015

We started getting bodies this morning. It was so hot, so unusual for us, that I felt I did not make good choices. I can see from the photo that there are several things to change on Rainy' s body. Her neck got too long and the shoulders are uneven. I ran out of the doll joints I like and in trying to use the ones with brown plastic caps I strained so hard trying to get it to work I felt something snap in my brain. Figured I broke a blood vessel. That slowed me down so I came inside (where it was cooler) and ordered more of the correct ones from Amazon. The flowers did not come so I ordered new ones and WR could not get the wire in town to fix Me-me's doll stand so I ordered a giant one from another company. The questions now begin of whether these things I have ordered will come in time. Amazon says the order could come as late as August 8 - the day before the doll is due at GAC.
 In order to work on this corner of the shelves I untied Me-me and retied her on the other corner. I am trying to set her aside to work on the babies again but that did not go well either. The seam on Kay's neck gave way and I had to resew it by hand. Also not good. I did give her a little flower for her pains. She is a very sweet little girl who has at least one of her hands open. My newest 'battle' of the babes is trying to avoid kits in which all the fingers are folded into a fist.

No comments:

Post a Comment