Friday, July 10, 2015


Today was "getting our new bodies day" so I tried something new. I had been packing up all (some) of my bead trays for B. when I found even more in the studio. I got the idea of putting all the parts for each baby on a tray so when we got into the excitement of putting the bodies together I would be less likely to forget something. The plan worked so well on the new big babies Honey and Bunny. Here is Bunny in her new body trying it out on the bench.


We will not tell her all her insecurities are showing. She is still settling into the procedures here at the orphanage but she was a very good girl all day. Her twin sister did give her more comfort her in the end. Here you can see Honey explaining things to Bunny. Notice the rabbits on her feet!


The only problem came when I put Charlie Ching in Tim's body. The neck size was all wrong and I could not figure out how I could have made it too small. Timmy became less timid and called out in a very quiet voice, "Mine, mine, mine." I got the hint and switched bodies so finally I thought everyone was happy. There was not enough sun for the set of official portraits so I remade the set-up with Charlie's help. As thanks I offered him his choice of every toy in the box but he only shook his head "no" to every one of them. Finally he held out his hand and said, "Rose (ose)."  I did not know if he meant to honor the coming doll show in Denver of that name or wanted one of our roses (which all bloomed last month).  All we could hear was Charlies screaming "ose, ose,"  Going out (where it was quiet)  to see if I could find one late-blooming rose I did find the volunteer daisies around the steps were coming on. So I picked one and brought it in to him as small comfort. He could not sit still in his great excitement.He nearly fell off the desk.  It was a  flower he wanted. To him roses are daisies. In the photo I saw where he got the idea. His sleepers have flowers on them and he wanted more! What a sweetie he is!

No comments:

Post a Comment