Monday, July 27, 2015

Sunday when I woke up I really woke up and remembered what had started me on the journey to make this piece. When I got my last order from BB I found I had ordered, on a shopping whim, these huge fairy wings. I was surprised they were so big and then stuck them far back in the cupboard to forget that I had really fallen for such a thing. I really had forgotten them. I realized when I added the wings that they had the pink and green I was using in the piece and would emphasize bringing the colors together into some kind of sense.
I see here that taking those white roses off the skirt does help the skirt color a lot. I had some velcro dots that were not made for use on fabric (duh!). By cutting the dots into quarters they are small enough to use on the skirt. If I find them falling off I can sew them down so I am hoping they will stick in spite of being misused.
I was so tired last night, having done nothing on the other dolls, I forgot to bring in the camera. When I just now went out to get it I saw this photo.
Having the wings in place makes this frog more noticeable and frames him so nicely. There is even a flower to attract him. I am amazed how I worked on the doll so much and yet could so completely forget the wings yet all I did was part of having them included. I am having a period of very low energy. I am not working that hard on this piece but it is draining my energy. When I work on the babies to give away I have lots of energy and never get this tired. I am beginning to think I really need to get back to the babies. The flowers for the garland should arrive today and Werner is all primed to buy some steel rods to enlarge the dolly stand - my last hurdle.

No comments:

Post a Comment