Thursday, July 23, 2015

Monday was the last day to register for an entry in Art in Redwoods. All this time my mind has gone back and forth about whether or not to enter. I had a small idea but I really hated to have the bother of getting someone to take the entry in, make sure it still looked right, all without me. And did I have enough time to make the work and still keep up with the babies to donate. I had talked my idea for the piece over with Harmony on Thursday when she was here and as is so often, when she says she will take the piece in, I later also find other ways to get it there. It can be Heidi and Ashley and their men will be here that weekend and if so, then my worries are really over. So I sent in the papers for "Spirit Child."
Except how do I get the piece made and still make the babies for donation? At the moment the stack of them is quite high and it would be good if something else occupied my thinking for a few days.
I had on hand the Juan kit, I loved his face! so got that out and put in his eyes. Only then did I discover his legs were bent into a sitting position so he would not stand. Digging deeper I found I had bought Tibby and her body and the inner armature that I had never used or figured out. Her legs were straight! She is made to be standing. Good news.
While discussing my ideas for making a fairy-like child with tulle and flowers with Werner, he mentioned that for it to be 'art' it needed some strange factor to deepen the meaning of the piece. Hmmm. I tried putting one of the small frogs on her feet (as I have no shoes to fit her) but it only looked like a neat idea for house slippers. Yesterday I grabbed down one of the big frogs used in my Prince Charming project. Better! What you cannot see in this photo is his very real looking penis between his legs.

The other (female?) frog needed some beading finished on its feet so I began to bead again. I soon remembered why I was choosing to make babies instead of beading. It hurts! I figure I have a couple day's work to get the feet all to have beads on them.
While I rested I was thinking of putting one of the smaller frogs in the head as I do with other heads. Then I began to think that I needed someway for the viewer to see the frog and I came up with this idea. It is escaping! to his surprise, just the way sexual thoughts get into and out of our heads!

I cut a slit in the back of the head and after a struggle, was able to pull the frog this far through it. It worked perfectly and the expression with Juan's big eyes also works perfectly. I did order a blonde wig to fit him from Sandie and hope I can thin it enough to have the frog just peeking through hair. In the other photo you can see the pipe insulation I will use to firm up the parts. The armature is far too short to do the job so I am already trying to engineer a better solution. To take the pressure off me to make the piece stand properly I was able to order one of those metal doll stands big enough for Tibby's body from  Amazon. You can see the crew's heads on the bench (in the upper photo)  patiently waiting on me to return to them. Soon! the pressure is strong in me to work on them.


No comments:

Post a Comment