Tuesday, June 16, 2015

There has been an usual amount of screaming and yelling in the nursery at the orphanage today. Everyone saw Tommy's wig in the photos on Reborn.com, added to the transformation Ming Yen made yesterday with her blonde wig, so when I suggested  a day of hair painting and matching eyebrows howls began and Eden threw his head on the floor. I was  prepared to paint hair not try on wig after wig until the right one came to be.
Before we even got out the wigs I noticed some of the sleepers were too small. I only have a few left as the present order just got sent from eBay today. Most of what I have now are pink. For some weird reason only the pink ones fit. There are 4 sizes - preemie, newborn, 0-3 months and 3 months in my dwindling pile. That meant Alan turning into Alice and Eden becoming Edith and that was not an easy change on any of us.
Adding wigs to the pink sleepers convinced everyone of the wisdom of a sex change in the nursery today. First I had to go out on the porch to thin the old wigs from 2003. Gobs of hair was flying everywhere. I was surprised when a haiku came to me.
after the haircut
all the bushes bloom
with me

or 

after the haircut
all the bushes bloom
with mine

It was not my hair being cut but that on the wigs but often haiku are not exact! Now I had enough usable wigs for everyone. One by one they lined up before the camera in the sunshine.
Ming Yen

Peanut

Felicity


Eden or Edith?

Alan or Alice?

I almost feel I should wait for the arrival of more sleepers so we can have boys again. Though I love seeing the babies in wigs,  I do not know how that will affect our population of therapy reborns!

No comments:

Post a Comment