Friday, June 12, 2015

That explains my day yesterday. I packed up 10 babies for Holly.
Only after I had several babies  in the box did I remember to take a shot of the ones lined up to shipped. It does look racially mixed.
I had plopped Ian in the box to wait for me to get his blanket when I saw he voiced my feelings completely. I started the job at 10 wondering if I could get all ten in this big box and if I had enough energy to do the job. With many rest periods (after every baby and sometimes in the job) I was able to weigh the box by 4:30. It took both Werner and I to hoist it on the scales - 25 pounds. Holly said the Fed Ex guy will stop by today to pick it up. I cannot! I need to tape it shut this morning.
Yesterday also brought this! A already made-up doll from China. I got it on eBay for $54. At this price it would almost be cheaper to buy their dolls and remake them into therapy reborns. However, most of the time they get around $108 - 120 for these. I happened to get lucky with an auction. It was good to see what and how they do it. Their pattern for a body is also too fat (INHO), the jeans are cute, and they even included a certificate that this was #89 out of 1000, along with the artist's name - Darlene. The doll had no smell, was nicely painted and the hair was well rooted. If I had a kid who was demanding a reborn doll I would consider one made in China when most of the USA ones start at about $100 - 200. At least she has a smiling face instead of those grumpy sleepers! We will see if she captures my heart as she is or if I take her apart and make her parts into a reborn therapy doll. Today I am too tired to consider the job. I think I will mostly crochet and look at my newest doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment