Saturday, June 27, 2015

How is this for the way the Universe works? I have been crocheting diaper covers when I need to rest but when I tried them on the babies, I felt they made them way too fat ( their tushes too much of a handful) but they do sit better. Then I get a letter from Holly arranging for a shipment of more babies to her and she asks (get this) for fatter babies. Suddenly I was interested in sewing the buttons on the covers and using them.
Yesterday I reviewed Candy, Chanel and Sasha (made sure no one had pooped in their pants) and put the new covers on them. When I got to Chanel I noticed her fluffy 'Hello Kitty' sleeper had a tendency to 'pill' so we looked through the sleepers and she picked this.
A sleeping sack like we used in the 50s! It had a matching cap, which interested me most. but she, like the slightly old-fashioned girl she is, loved the vintage-look of the sac. Somewhere I read of dementia patients not accepting our new ways of dressing a baby and actually prefer ones that looked as their children had. I put socks on her to keep her feet warm (and safe during transportation). I hope the person who adopts her appreciates her care and sensibility in choosing her outfit. It even has the fold over sleeves to make a mitten to cover her sharp little nails.
It was interesting to note that the three babies Holly requested were three I had on Reborns.com. I deleted them and now need to get new babies up there. My Etsy site is beginning to work and I need to get babies up there before I announce it. And 3 Blaze babies need haircuts and curls today. Why am I so happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment