Sunday, June 21, 2015

Here is Elijah with his hands folded in prayer. I wanted to teach him "Here is a church; here is a steeple" but he said he would rather pray. When I asked Werner what he wanted for Fathers' Day he said, "Just prayers." He had not yet met Elijah, but he has already gotten an answer to his want from a dolly who prays. I am already thinking that I may not be able to give him away!

When I set Lily on the rug for her photo, instead of sitting down like a good girl she stood and turned her back to the camera. Then I saw the little ruffles on the backside of the sleepers, told her they were very cute, though I thought way too small. Then, and only then, would she sit down to pose.
She kept putting her hand to her head instead of holding out her arms to embrace her new companion as I wanted her to be. I know she is bald since I have no more wigs here yet and could not make up my mind whether to draw in hair or not. Finally I got the message. She wanted a hat to hide the baldness.

Still she was so pleased with the hat that she would not pose but only wanted to touch it and make sure it was sitting straight on her head. Finally she gave me the pleading look I wanted to catch to show you how much she needs a new mommy. She often looks as if her lip is trembling and she is just about to cry. Those big brown eyes make her look even more pleading.


No comments:

Post a Comment