Friday, May 8, 2015

There are days when the dolls and the bodies seem to go together without me. I just sit nearby and fabric and baby fly into the right configureation. And then there are days like today. First of all I was visiting with the dolls and Blaze (the first one I ever got) was complaining about her body. She said it was wrong for her and she wanted me to correct it. When I undressed her I saw she was right. Even though she has full legs and arms, back in March when I assembled her, I used a body made for 3/4 limbs.
So I clipped all the plastic ties to remove her great big body. As I looked at the body I realized it was the size Holly needed today so I gave it to her. Her limbs fit perfectly and being a bigger baby she made good use of the bigger body. Here she is waiting on the glue on her head to dry so she can come together.

In the mean time I went in the house to make a new body for Blaze. It fits her Michele Obama arms fine, had a lot of butt and belly but her legs are the proper length. She seemed a lot more happy with the new body and the haircut. Now she looks more like the redhead Blaze. You can see her very generous crotch.
Still I was so encouraged that I tried to make a new body for Punkin, too. I wanted to try out the plastic doll joints I had ordered. There were several lessons to be learned. One I have to make the caps for arms smaller than the cap pattern for legs. I tried to hand-sew the cap into the right size. Here you can see one side fixed and one not.
Then I fixed the left side too. I debated if the hand made tucks were okay or if I should take the whole body off to machine sew up the arm caps. I was pleased how straight and firm the chest area looked and felt very proud of myself for getting that part fixed right. 
Then I turned Punkin around and saw his back. Look at this bump! It goes all the way down to his butt!  That was enough to convince me I needed to take the body off to resew it. Or do I cut a new body with all the corrections made in the cutting? It is late and still 2 hours until dinner. I am tired and in no mood to wrestle with fabric and patterns but there is time to do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment