Wednesday, May 20, 2015

I could not figure out why  I was sitting down to crochet this morning when there were dolls in two piles waiting on me to work on them. I thought maybe I was excited to try the new hairdo. Roberta had reminded me of how we used to make yarn hair. One way was to wrap the hair-yarn around a knitting needle and the yarn needle. By pulling on the yarn needle it passes through all the loops on the knitting needle to make bunches of tiny tight curls. I think it makes the dolly look older like maybe a school teacher?
In the afternoon I found why I was "saving my energy" all morning. The table arrived. They packed the instructions on how to unfold it inside the folded up thing. I just sat and listened as I wiggled this and that and finally it unfolded.
You can see the table is already covered with the quilt and some of the dollies are on it. The lowest level for the table was exactly the same height as the second shelf. Determined to get everything reorganized I carried back all the dolls in the living room. What a job! It wore me out. I stacked them like firewood and for some reason this depressed me very much. I did not like treating the dolls like this. Later on the forum at Bountiful Baby I read how many other women have a crib in which they put their babies. Some of the women admitted that they do not sell their 'children' but keep them all or give them to friends. Then I did not feel so bad. The man from New York never called, another strike against the day.
I did hear from Ashley saying one of her nurses saw the postcard I had sent Ashley with a doll on it and she thought it was a baby and asked Ashley if she had a new niece.

No comments:

Post a Comment