Wednesday, April 22, 2015

The flat area on this girl's chest cannot be as big a thrill for you as it is for me! I tried the trick with a seam of gathers and instantly her profile flattened. Some seamstress or designer at Bountiful Baby can accept kudos and praise for discovering this marvelous solution.
Even on this smaller baby, who seems to be gagging over the tightness of her sleeper, I could detect the bothersome bulge. I opened the nightie to sew in the gathers and I felt much better. I took another photo which does not show  that much different.
I feel a lot better with the way Ching T'ien's chest looks though she is still into the gagging act. Even a new hair ribbon could not get her mind off of the changes a needle made to her body. The little wrinkle on her left side is evidence that the gathers work.
Now I am a bit scared as I start to cut out my new designs for body sleeves. We will see if the dolly gods smile on me. I did find a bargain on the limb joints at Amazon. If they work out each body sleeve would only cost me about 26 cents instead of $20.00 that BB charges. My idea is that if I take the time to cut the bodies out and sew them I can have them right from the beginning. I have friends donating the fabric. Why can I not just be happy with the commercial bodies and go with the flow?

No comments:

Post a Comment