Saturday, April 25, 2015

So this is Sweetie who will be my next avenue into reborns. I am entering her in an art show at Gualala Arts next week. The title of the show is "In Celebration of Home" and back in January when I learned of it, I did a lot of thinking about what kind of art should be in every home. All I could really accept was the idea of children were the best art one could bring into a home. You have seen the photos of trying to place Jenny in the stroller and make her interesting enough to be in an art show. By studying BB's gallery of kits I fell in love with Cookie and one named Ladybug.
I made both of the big girls trying each in the stroller to see who had the pizzazz, who would capture the visitors attention. Today I made the decision it would be Ladybug whom I had renamed 'Sweetie' in anticipation of her being my final choice.
I picked the simple wig, without curls, and glued it on to her head today. I tied the paci down so it cannot fall on the floor with the hopes that every thing else stays where I want it during transport on Wednesday. She will make the trip alone with Werner.
Well not quite alone. On the side of the stroller is Mic key Mouse in a bag advertising (what you cannot see here), is the Artist Collective in Point Arena. This photo taken yesterday shows the curls instead of the final hairdo! You can see why I had a hard time choosing one.


Oh, I want those of you who are screaming, "What?  dolls in an art exhibit?" know that Ling-Yen, the curator of the show, was here last weekend cuddling dolls while she considered if she should let Sweetie be in her show. Then yesterday the Director of Gualala Arts, Sus Susalla and his wife Harmony, were here and gave their okays on the subject also while cuddling dolls (I never saw Crystal so happy as she was in Sus's arms). It was Sus who picked the other wig and I agree with him. Thanks to these two visits of approval I do not need to worry about the piece being rejected on Wednesday. The show opens on Friday May 1 and I would dearly love to go. I had business cards printed up for the visitors but I think talking to the unbelievers would be helpful.


No comments:

Post a Comment