Saturday, April 4, 2015

Meet the two newest members of my family. On the left, with dark hair, is Candy. She is sweet just like her name. She is not bothered by having her photo taken so close to the car. That silver moon over her shoulder is a wheel! She just keeps smiling no matter what I say to her.
On the right is Crystal. I need someone to bring down my thinning scissors from upstairs and give both wigs a good thinning before attaching them permanently Still the girls matching sleepers are a good factor without overloads on the pinks. I was slightly disturbed by Crystal's determined jaw and straight lips. She seemed as if she was slightly grumpy about being my doll when I got her finished. Especially when I saw the grin and happy expression on Candy's face, I wondered what was up with Crystal. Maybe having CRYstal in her name bothers her. I got out the Easter rabbits hoping I could lighten her mood. Lifting her chin makes her slightly more animated but she cannot compete with Candy for smiles. Even before I showed Candy the animals she sat and smiled at me. I got such joy from her! I could not help smiling back at her and that made me feel happier.
I realized that the dolls that are "older" (not newborn) or bigger have more welcoming expressions. I looked over several lists of doll kits and noticed that it is the Americans who make the grumpy faced babies. What is with these people? It does seem that in every collection there is only one smiling baby. It is my job to find it and buy it and avoid the hoards of grumps.

No comments:

Post a Comment