Friday, April 17, 2015

I took all the pillows and blankets out of the stroller for Ladybug (I really prefer Lovebug as her name) so she fit in perfectly. With her new red outfit I could accept the red, white and blue background of the stroller. She needs to lean forward and not be so laidback in the stroller, After lunch I gave her new hair.

I felt this looked more "local" and something more real on an 8 month child. When the thinning shears come I want to reduce the mass here a bit. The dress, which is used and looks as if it has been washed, looks new-bright here. I think the redness of the outfit demands a bit more red on her mouth. To the left you can see the nipple the cat is holding. I found the blue disk that goes in the bottle (it was where I had put it!) and was able to cut the plastic down to fit. I was pleased with the way it turned out.
I  stuffed the limbs and head of Ching T'ien before I realized I had never gotten her eyes in last night. I had to sit down, unload her head and only after fumbling 1/2 an hour did I  the get the eyes in. I cut the sockets out more and they slipped right in. You can see how different the two eyes are in this photo. I am wondering if this is going to bother me.  I bought another kit yesterday on auction before I had worked with this one and now I am wondering how smart I was. While I waited for the glue to dry on the eyes I got out the Samantha doll hoping I could forget these eyes.


She is from Bountiful Baby and I later found out she came with body, plugs and neck-ring and cost a few dollars more on the eBay auction but it was good to have all the parts together. I will make tucks in the body sleeve as it is too big in the butt and belly. Here she was sitting on the heater getting her toe and nail polish to dry. Her eyes went in very easily and restored my self confidence so I was able to glue them in this afternoon. Her mouth is open like Ching T'ien's but is not so noticeable. At least she had a smile, which greatly brightens my day. I love her little feet. I have another kit of her coming from BB soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment