Tuesday, April 28, 2015

I made bodies for these three on the birthing table but ended up with six bodies as I tried this and that while sewing. After lunch I was so tired from the morning's work I had no desire to make a baby. Finally after crocheting on a new blanket (pink and white) I forced myself to do Blaze. I had bought the factory-painted Blaze, which I loved, and thought this new version was only different in that it had no paint or rooted hair.
Without comparing the kit to the doll, I also thought my new Blaze was tiny as the other one. So I decided to use a very small body. I noticed, as I worked, that the relationship between the cloth part and vinyl parts was not pleasing but thought the problem only existed because I was tired and thus in a bad mood. 

  I finally found a sleeper small enough to fit the new Blaze's tiny body. I sat and looked at her a long time while missing that attention and spirit of the original Blaze. It is not only the brown color is different, but the relationships of the spaces between eyes, nose and mouth are all different. Good thing this Blaze was on a sale so I only paid $14.98 for her. She does radiate a certain sweetness and I think she will make a good cuddle therapy doll. There is a good chance that I will give her a new body tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment