Sunday, April 26, 2015

I finished the paper work for the GAC show to feel so free and was then able to resume work on the cuddle dolls. I had put the eyes in these two last evening but the glue was not totally dry this morning so I let them sit on the radiator while I took the chill off the studio. I was struck by how differently these two faces affected me. Elsie, on the right, makes me fighting mad. She is so like the girls in my high school that I did not get along with because they were so small minded and up-tight. Now that I have the chance, I want to box her ears for all those years I but up with such girls without a murmur of disagreement. Next to Elsie is the unpainted Blaze who feels like me in my younger years. I hope I inherit her gentleness while I work on these two.
The glue was dry enough to hold the eyeballs in place but too sticky to stuff so I began painting their hair - a job I do not yet really like. I realized that I had dressed Ching T'ein but never did his hair either, so undressed him. I was eager to find sleepers for Samantha until I noticed I had not done her hair either. It was good they both were naked as I got a drip of paint on Samantha but was able to wipe it up.

Blaze and Ching sat on the floor by Sweetie to let me smear colors on their heads. I am sure God knows hair cannot be painted which is why I cannot be shown how to do it. Working on the CT babies made me want to have a letter or phone call from Sarah M. very much but by noon I had discovered a mantra to put that feeling away into the work. What you cannot see is that I also did the hair on Lee, brother to Ching, at the same time. While I waited for layers of paint to dry I crocheted on a lilac and white granny square blanket.  I am hoping to get two new bodies cut out and sewn tonight for Blaze and Elsie for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment