Monday, March 23, 2015

Here is Adam, still slightly in shock from his tummy-tuck  operation, but the tiger is watching over him. You can see that he already sits up straighter. I found the reason his chin was falling into his chest was because his tummy stuck out so much that stuffing in his upper chest had moved down to fill out his tummy. When the extra fabric there was sewn up his chin drop was able to be fixed without adding more support inside. In two of the dolls I had inserted wooden spoons to hold the head up but now see that losing the tummy is a much more natural way to fix this problem in the baby. Putting on diapers, and pulling them very tight, can make minor corrections but resewing the body is a more permanent solution.
Afterwards I did Samantha's toe nails and here she is waiting on the polish to dry. She actually seems to hold her toes as if she knows the polish is wet.
I have debated about bringing my sewing machine out to the studio but I have so little space and do not have a table for it there. I am thinking I will set up the machine in the living room and do my sewing there. I never did drag out the basket of fabric so it is still in the closet - a fact that makes this seem a good solution. I think that before I do the other dolls I will make the corrections in the body sleeves before using them. I basically would sew straight down from chin to pubic area. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment