Saturday, March 14, 2015


Finally the eyelash yarn arrived (see the brown hair on two dolls) along with a ball of tan yarn (see the faces on three of them) so I can go ahead with this family. These are experiments into the Peace Pocket Dolls. In the back row are what I did while waiting on the proper yarns. We cannot use white or black yarns. The one with the yellow face looks cheery as if she is made of sunshine and I like that. Still we speak of the "yellow race" and I did not want to fall into that racist trap. I used the white cotton yarn I use for my other dolls and felt that I had to make it into a bunny. I tried using the "keep the parts flat and crocheted in one piece" for the ears, too but they do not look like ears enough. Maybe I need to redesign them. I did make the bunny into a male version of the doll and aside from not being able to sew the bib to the overalls in the middle, that works too. That rabbit looks rather unhappy. . . I see the doll with the brown skirt also has just a circle for lips and again she, too, looks less that happy. I have to remember what works and what does not.

No comments:

Post a Comment